Digital Multimedia Journalist | Digital Content Producer
| Josh.Frigerio@gmail.com | www.linkedin.com/joshfrigerio
WOFL-TV FOX 35 Orlando, Lake Mary, Florida
KNXV-TV ABC15 Arizona, Phoenix, Arizona
Specialty Multimedia Journalist, March 2016 – February 2022
Real-Time Desk Editor (web/assignment desk hybrid), 2014-2016
Web producer, 2013 – 2014
- Created and developed the “Things To Do” digital beat, generating millions of page views annually through articles, listicles, slideshows, and video features; developed and executed social media posts and push alerts.
- Helped launch, write, edit, and produce dozens of stories for “We’re Open, Arizona,” a TV/digital franchise to support local businesses, nonprofit organizations, and restaurants during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Took a leadership role among a 15-person team to develop and advance our digital, social, mobile, and OTT strategies; helped to boost page views and unique users.
- Helped our assignment desk and web producing teams through the transition to the Real-Time Desk, which combined the skills from both positions into a new role; helped train desk-focused colleagues on digital skills, CMS, push alerts, Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Developed and assisted with updating our internal style guide and best practices over the years when it came to general news, breaking news, and weather coverage.
- Shoot and edit video and pictures, produce for digital, broadcast, and mobile, on-air and digital on-air experience (ie: live TV, Facebook Live).
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism, Phoenix, Arizona
Arizona State University Adjunct Faculty, 2016
- Taught two classes of JMC 305, “Multimedia Journalism,” focused on basic elements of broadcast reporting, videography, and editing, lighting, podcasts, conducting interviews, social media, and SEO.
Omaha World-Herald, Omaha, Nebraska
Online Editor, June 2012 – March 2013
- Wrote, produced, and edited digital and video stories for Omaha.com to support in-print news and sports stories.
- Wrote digital stories for Omaha.com and edited reporters’ stories, optimizing the headlines for SEO and readability.
Walter Cronkite of Journalism & Mass Communication
Arizona State University, Phoenix, Arizona, 2008-2011
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communication