Digital Journalist at KNXV-TV (abc15.com)
March 2013 – Present
- Cover the Valley’s food and dining scenes, local events and festivals, entertainment and “things to do” for the station’s website and “things to do” section.
- Create photo galleries, videos and everyday stories.
- Write, edit, manage daily breaking news, entertainment and viral content for abc15.com and ABC15 mobile app, which generates over 2 million unique visitors a month; 67,000 active mobile users, 8.9 million app views and 4 million sessions.
- Part of a 7-person team that has increased Facebook “likes” 75% in two years to 442,000, grew organic reach 75%; and increased Twitter followers 50% to 100,000.
- Develop social media marketing campaigns to encourage social users to watch primetime programming and ABC15 News (ie: Facebook, twitter posts)
Online Editor/Digital Reporter at Omaha World-Herald (Omaha.com)
May 2012 – March 2013
- Grew Facebook likes by 50 percent, increased Twitter followers and oversaw daily social media needs.
- Assisted in daily management of omaha.com homepage, attached picture and videos to reporter stories, and sent out breaking news email alerts.
- Filmed and edited weekly videos to pair with reporter stories; hosted a daily ‘News Minute’ digital newscast, and created photo slideshows.
- Managed weekly community events calendar, wrote feature stories for Omaha World-Herald newspaper and Omaha Go, weekly entertainment magazine.
Promotions Assistant/Road Crew at Radio Disney (Detroit)
September 2011 – April 2012
- Photographed local Radio Disney events for Walt Disney Company.
- Assisted in set up, tear down, games, contests, dances for local promotional events and school learning events.
- Broadcast Intern, Fox 10 Phoenix
- Public Information Office/PHX 11 Intern, City of Phoenix
- Public Relations/Marketing Intern, ASU Gammage
Skills: Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut X, Blackmagic Media Express, EndPlay CMS, Trends, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Microsoft Office, Canon T2i, Analytics, Content Tools, Picmonkey, Infographics, Social badges
B.A. in Broadcast Journalism and Mass Communication
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication
Arizona State University. Graduation: 2011
References available by request.